If you're organising a sponsored charity event then an abseil is the ideal choice. It is a mentally challenging prospect for most people while not requiring amazing feats of fitness.
Almost everyone is physically able to abseil allowing the maximum number of people to be involved in the event and gain sponsorship. Abseils can be carried out on the traditional rock faces or for a unique event that can generate more publicity buildings can also be used.
Some of the charities that we have helped to raise money are Help for Heroes, Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance, Water Aid and Jersey Hospice. In 2010 we organised a 200 foot abseil from a crane for Hospice in The Weald.
For help with organising your own charity abseil contact us.
Walking and Mountain Challenges
Our Walking and Mountain challenges are specifically intended to provide an environmentally, socially and personally more acceptable alternative to those currently available through many companies.
The most famous "Three Peaks" challange during which participants aim to ascend Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon over the course of 24 hours results in disturbance for local residents, horrendous erosion on the paths used, and dangerous driving between stages in a bid to complete the challenge. At Sheer Adventure we feel that this is not morally acceptable and would rather our clients enjoy the experience, are truly challenged by the process and come away having completed what in many cases will be a life altering feat. Below are examples of what we propose:Some of these are;
- National 3 peaks over 3 days A less intrusive and more enjoyable version by unusual routes to the summits that can include some scrambling sections for suitable parties given the extra time available.
- Lake District 3000 Footers
- Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge
- Lake District 10 Peaks Challenge
- Lake District 24 Peaks Challenge
- 3 Highest Scottish Mountains This challenge takes in Scotlands big three - Ben Nevis (4409ft), Ben Macdui (4297ft), Braeriach (4251ft). We aim to complete this challenge in one long push.
- Cairngorm 4000s Climb all five of the peaks over 4000feet in the Cairngorms (Ben Macdui (4297ft), Braeriach (4251ft), Cairn Toul (4235ft), Sgor an Lochain Uaine (4127ft), Cairn Gorm (4081ft).
- Dartmoor North – South Crossing
- Unofficial Ten Tors The Ten Tors race is a renowned challenge that criss-crosses Dartmoor to ascend ten of its rocky outcropped hills.
- Welsh 3 peaks in 3 ranges Snowdon, Peny-Y-Van, Cadair Idris
- 3 Highest Welsh Peaks Snowdon (1085m), Garnedd Ugain (1066m), Carnedd Llewelyn (1064m).
- 3 Highest English Peaks (Scafell Pike 3209ft), Scafell (3163ft) and Helvellyn (3117ft).